Friday, February 22, 2013

Abstract Landscape: Up There Somewhere

This is what happens when you turn into an armchair traveller! Others travel, you dream, and then create.... Inspired by pictures of the Tiger Nest monastery in Bhutan comes this painting of the location (with some artistic licenses, of course).


Don't know if I'll ever make it to this place myself but painting it was surely an enjoyable experience. More so because instead of braving chilly winds and a steep climb, all I did was discover a new painting technique that helped create those gorgeous textures you see on the mountains. Aren't they beautiful? And to think that all I had to do was play around with loads of paint and then wait for the magic to happen!

I am bringing you a framed version of the painting with the help of online editor Lunapic. Super easy to use but doesn't allow much playing around with the frames. Just wish I could give the painting a wider mount; that would have added to the depth. Anyhow, hope you like my version of the famed Tiger Nest monastery.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin