Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Krishna, The Cowherd

A little out-of-season perhaps, given that Janamashtami is way off! But I started this bottle sometime after the festival last year, when my daughter used to dance to a ditty dedicated to Lord Krishna.


After the initial Krishna icon, the bottle languished in a corner of my cupboard, and lay forgotten for many months. Then further inspiration struck and I pulled it out again.

Where else could Krishna play his flute, if not to his cows....


In the midst of a flowering garden....


Where peacocks roam freely, enchanted by his music!


This is the essence that this bottle aims to capture. So glad I finally completed it. Appropriate after all, in the season of love, given that Krishna was such an incurable romantic! :)

5 comments:

Yuvika said...

This is so beautiful!

anita said...

lovely...

Creative Rumblings said...

Thanks, Yuvika & Anita. Dettol to Krishna was quite a journey! :))

Ishrath said...

Is that dettol bottle? I always loved its shape. Perfect for plants.

Creative Rumblings said...

It is, Ishrath! I love it because its flat sides makes it easier to paint on. Thanks for your comment. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin