Monday, November 14, 2011

Childrens' Day Gift

November 14 is celebrated as Children's Day in India as the date marks the birthday of our first prime minister, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru. He was known to be extremely fond of kids, and was fondly called Chacha Nehru (an informal reference, much like Uncle Sam). Children's Day is celebrated across most schools, with cultural functions and other shows for kids.

This year I decided to give my kids a surprise by making them a painting for the occasion. It hangs right across their bed so that they see it first thing in the morning when they wake up.


I know the kids love the theme of the painting. Especially how the caterpillar reaches out to peer at the butterfly. And the glittery lining of the clouds.

I hung it over the weekend so that the hubby and I could share in their pleasure when they first set eyes on it. I call this the simple joys of parenthood. Watching the expression of joy on your childrens' faces on such occasions is priceless!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin