Friday, February 12, 2016

Nature Journal: Back Cover


This final post under the 'Nature Journal 2015' series is to showcase the back cover of the journal. The back cover appropriately aims to capture forms of nature across different elements - air, land and water. It brings together three diverse microcosms.... read on to see how.

The thought process for the back cover started with the Tree of Life, since it represents different life forms living together harmoniously, and also since it was something I was hoping to try my hand at for a while. However, once I started making the tree, these other ecosystems evolved on their own... as though the artwork for the back cover had suddenly come alive with its own interpretations, that forced me to realize the limited vision of my tree of life. Why present only one ecosystem when I could present three together? And that is how each element got its due representation....

The birds and animals that made the tree their home, thriving on its bounties and the fresh air it produced.


The foliage and flora that got their sustenance from the earth. I could have added more to this section but lack of space made me keep things at a more representational level.


And finally the water-world with its flowers and other creatures. Here I love the turtle silhouette the most.


I am happy with the way the back cover finally turned out - combining multiple techniques of painting, small sketches, some impasto and lots of collaging. That it represents nature in all its forms only makes it perfect for my Nature Journal 2015.



5 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

very beautiful page Madhurima, would make a pretty book cover too !!

Creative Rumblings said...

thanks a lot, Suman! glad you like it :)

Best Performing art collage in India said...

beautiful, absolutely stunning

Best Performing art collage in India said...

Very Beautiful ....!!!!!

Creative Rumblings said...

Thank you for the kind words.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin