Friday, September 6, 2013

Going Figurative


This time I thought of sharing with you my forays into the world of figurative abstracts. No artist worth their salt would ever shy away from attempting to capture the beauty of the human figure. Only how we do it differs....


Making figurative art makes me realise that I'm just not cut out for realistic portrayals. I find realism in figures a tad boring for now.... but who knows, with advancing years you may find me on the other side of the fence. That is how things go in an artist's head.... no explaining the 'whys' and the 'hows'!

The next one is more like a tribute to American greats like Jean Basquiat and Mikey Welsh.


Love the freedom that comes with art that you make by your own rules! I think I'm finally figuring out my style - bright, bold and in your face.... the kind you can love or hate, adore or detest, but definitely not ignore. :) What say, dear readers?

2 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

Different from your usual work, Madhurima, really nice!!
http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Creative Rumblings said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful words, Suman. Your encouragement goes a long way.... :)
And wonderful posts on your blog too. I aspire to re-create some of your craft soon. Keep it up, my friend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin