Friday, December 7, 2012

Mother And Child

As the winter chill picks up, somehow my mind goes back to the summers....

On my daily walk one such summer morning, I chanced upon this scene in the park. As I turned a bend, there they were right in front of me. A mother and a child, sharing food - the mother cajoling, breaking the food into smaller pieces and prompting the child to eat, the child playful and wanting to finish off quickly so he could return to his play.


Some walkers stopped in their tracks as they saw them. After all, simians are unpredictable. They could snatch something off.... maybe that expensive cellphone even. But I gingerly walked past, almost on tiptoe so as not to disturb their breakfast. For I saw only a mother and a child; the species did not matter.

The camera hasn't quite done complete justice to this one in terms of the colours; upfront the shades look far brighter, especially the yellow in the background, making it really striking. Hope you like it anyhow.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin