Thursday, March 1, 2012

Green Peppers, and Other Struggles

With my FB page not sync-ing with my blog updates, Blogger randomly changing server names, and what not, I've been going over the edge. Then with no responses to my teaser sketches, I almost believed I had done a bad job of them. But seeing how the paintings based on them have turned out, I feel better.

Wonder why your comments, suggestions and responses have all but dried up. Sometimes it gets difficult to keep the tempo going when you are speaking to a wall. :-|


Anyhow, going back to my second quick painting this week. What I loved most about doing this one was the colour mixing. I have now got some hang of what all to mix to get the right shades - using just the primary colours, and black or white.

Moreover, these capsicums, or green peppers, are quite an improvement on the ones I had done last summer. Happy to see some progression in my own work!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin