Friday, July 16, 2010

Pensive

My recent visits in and out of hospitals gave me many opportunities to observe people. The most dominant mood I came across was a thoughtful, pensive one as people waiting for their loved ones to recover often withdrew into their own little shells in the midst of the cacophony in the waiting lounge.


I have tried to capture this same sombre mood here. I especially enjoyed doing the dark, inky blue of the background as it seemed to reflect the pensive state of the figure very aptly.


In case you are wondering about the difference in the tonal quality of the two pictures above - the first one was clicked without a flash, and the second using one. So which one looks better? I think the flash captures the colours well but the first one captures the essence of the work. What do you feel?

p.s.- My painted bottles have received a tremendous response. Thanks to all of you who wrote in with your encouraging words. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin