Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year Cheer & Santa Barbara Courthouse

Hurray for the first post of the new year, but look at the dichotomy.... the painting that it features is something I made on the last day of the last year! Well, such is life, it just flows from one year to the next... :)

Another cityscape this time, my humble attempt at capturing the beautiful old courthouse building in Santa Barbara, California (a place I was lucky enough to visit a couple of years back). Santa Barbara is a delightful town on the Pacific coast with a very Spanish-Mediterranean feel to it. Their architecture, especially the typical red-tiled roofs, is eye-catching.



The Santa Barbara Courthouse is one such building which is postcard pretty. This painting captures the arch at the entrance to the courthouse, and the clock tower from which you can get breathtaking views of the city.

As an aside, I confess that I haven't yet touched my brushes yet this year. Kids on vacation and the biting cold are big enough reasons for my staying away from my paints, but I hope to resume soon. Here's looking forward to a creatively challenging and satisfying year ahead!


2 comments:

Yuvika said...

pretty pretty - ur painting brings back the vision of the Santa Barbara court house so well! A good start to the year :)

Wishing you, ur hubby and both the kiddos a wonderful new year!

Creative Rumblings said...

Thanks, Yuvika, and wish you and the family a fantastic year ahead as well.
Whatever happened to the sketches?? Wanna see more of 'em this year.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin