Friday, July 24, 2009

The Lotus Ganesha

Here's introducing you all to The Lotus Ganesha, my very first acrylic on paper. As I said in my last post, I carried around a sketch of this for months, and am so relieved to have finally done some justice to it. Reactions, comments, suggestions?


Though I do have a confession to make. I slipped on my target of 'one painting in a week' with my very first painting! tch, tch... :(


From the sketching stage right upto the final layers of paint, it took me two whole weeks to finish The Lotus Ganesha. Somehow I got so entagled in household chores, kids' homework, weekend travel and so on, that the poor painting had to take a backseat.


But the good news is, it is finally complete. And I am already working on the next one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin